What is great is that you can still enjoy the same benefits of green tea when making green tea ice-cream and not only will it taste amazing, but at the same time it’s so simple to make that anyone prepare it. So with no further ado, let’s see how you can make a delicious green tea ice-cream at home that you can share with your family or friends or maybe enjoy on your own.
For Preparing a Healthy Green Tea Ice-Cream You Will Need:
1. Four tablespoons of matcha green tea powder and 2\3 cup of hot water.
2. Fresh cherries.
3. A medium sized orange cut into sections.
4. One cup of fresh cream.
5. 1\3 teaspoon of salt.
6. One tablespoon of cornstarch.
7. Four egg yolks.
8. Two cups of milk.
How to make the ice-cream:
1. First things first: you’ll need to get a small pan and heat the milk at around 60 degrees Celsius or 140 degrees F. After the milk reaches this temperature, swiftly remove it from the heat and set it aside.
2. Now it’s time for you to beat the egg yolks lightly in a pan and add in no particular order the salt, the cornstarch and the sugar. Next, ensure you mix them thoroughly with a whisk.
While mixing the ingredients, you need to carefully pour the milk and continue to stir so you avoid the formation of lumps. After a few minutes, consider straining the mixture and pour it back into the pan.
3. At this point, you need to place the pan on a low flame and leave it there until you notice the milk has thickened, but don’t forget that it’s very important you continue to stir it at all times. After that, take the pan off the heat and set it aside.
4. It’s time for you to mix together the hot water and the matcha until you get a smooth paste. If you don’t know what match is, well, they are basically green tea leaves grown in the shade and are generally used in wagashi and the Japanese tea ceremony.
5. Get a separate bowl and carefully whip the cream until you notice it becomes a bit stiff. After that, considering folding the milk and lastly, add in the matcha paste.
6. You’re just about done with making the green tea ice-cream and all you need to do now is pour it into a plastic or maybe a metal container and allow it to set at normal refrigerator temperature. After 2h, take it out, whisk it and then place it in the fridge once again. This process needs to be repeated about three to four times until the ice cream has become smooth.
7. Finally, you can now enjoy the ice-cream, so serve it with cherries and orange sections for a special look and a mouthwatering exquisite taste!