Ingredients For Baking These Delicious Treats:
- One tablespoon of flaxseed meal
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- Two and a half tablespoons of matcha green tea powder
- Two cups of brown rice flour
- Three tablespoons of water
- A pinch of salt
- Two third cups and one tablespoon of sugar
- Half a cup of unsweetened applesauce
- Two third cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Five tablespoons of unsalted vegan butter spread
How To Bake Healthy Green Tea Cookies:
1. The oven will first need to be heated up to around 190 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees F. Next, get 2 large baking sheets and line them up with silicone mats or parchment paper.
2. After that, you have to make a flax egg by mixing three tablespoons of water with one tablespoon of golden flaxseed meal. When you’re done mixing it well, set it aside for ten minutes until the flax egg turns into a gelatinous texture. Keep in mind that if you’re not into vegan cookies, then just whisk a larger egg.
3. Get ready to mix the salt, the baking powder, the green tea matcha powder and the brown rice flour in a medium sized bowl. Next, get a large bowl and mix in the flax egg, the applesauce, the butter spread and the sugar until they’re well incorporated. While doing so, gradually add the wet ingredients and the flour mixture. Most of the times, it’s best if you add the flour in 3 batches and then mix the ingredients in between them.
4. At this point, you’ll have to fold in the chocolate chips and put the cookie dough for half an hour in the freezer, since this way it’s going to be easier to handle and shape them.
5. Scoop some dough on the baking sheet and then make sure you flatten it into a circular shape. Repeat this step until all the dough has been molded into cookies and then bake them for about fourteen to sixteen minutes. If you don’t have a timer, then bake them until the bottom of the cookies turns brown.
6. Allow the green tea cookies some time to cool (10 minutes should suffice) and then enjoy!
By the way, if you can’t eat all of them, then you can easily store them in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.