How To Remove Dark Spots Naturally
One of the skin conditions that you may develop as you get older is appearance of dark spots on the body. For most people, getting rid of these spots would using hydroquinone which can come with several side effects such as skin sensitivity, hyperpigmentation or even skin cancer. Other available options such as laser treatment an microdermabrasion are often too expensive and may be damaging to the skin, and if you are on a budget, then it means that such procedures may not be available to you after all.
However, do not despair, as there are other natural ways you can use to remove dark spots. Before you start on removing the spots, you need to understand the many causes of dark spots on the skin.
-Menopause and hormonal imbalance
-Some medication such as antibiotics
-Some diseases like Riehl’s melanosis
Natural products have been known to successfully fade the appearance of black spots. Some of the natural remedies you can use are:
1. Lemon juice: Lemon juice has citric acid which has bleaching effects. It is a very good solution for post acne spots and age spots. To use lemon juice, always make sure that you get it from the fruit, since the bottled ones is loaded with chemicals. Cut the lemon fruit and squeeze the juice into a container. To avoid skin irritation, you can dilute 2 part lemon with water and apply it on the spots. If you have small spots, you can use ear buds to apply them specifically on the spots. A word of caution if you are using lemon is that you should avoid sun exposure because lemon juice makes your skin photosensitive and going to the sun without wearing sunscreen will actually make your dark spots darker.
2. Aloe vera: Aloe vera plant has anti-inflammatory properties that make it a great product when it comes to skin regeneration. Using the juice directly from the aloevera plant and applying it on the spots works best. You can grow your own aloevera plant if you want to maintain a constant supply.
3. Honey: Honey is packed with antibacterial properties that help in eliminating black spots from the body. You can use it independently by applying it on dark spots, or mix it with ingredients like tumeric, neem powder or lemon to make a mask.
4. Baking soda: Baking soda is great in exfoliation. Most microdermabrasion products actually have ingredients found in baking soda. Mix baking soda with water to make a paste, and apply on the affected areas. Leave until it is dry then wash it. If you have sensitive skin, then you should be very cautious in the use of baking soda as it can irritate the skin.
5. Papaya: It is rich in vitamin C and also has an enzyme called papain which is beneficial in cell generation. To use papaya, peel it and make a pulp from the food after removing the seeds. Apply it liberally on affected areas and let it sit for a while before washing it out.
6. Onion juice: Surprising as it may sound, but onion has good acids that may fade dark spots. Cut the onion into slices and rub the juice produced directly onto the skin. Do this once or twice a day consistently and you will see results after a few days.
7. Potato: Potatoes have a bleaching effect, and you can use it by peeling the potato and grating it, then applying it on the spots.
For natural products to work, you must be consistent in using them and you should be willing to give them some time before you get your desired results. You should always try to find the cause of your spots and address it so that you do not have to keep treating the spots. Develop good skin care regimens and always wear sunscreen whenever you will be exposed to the sun. Do not try using the natural methods of eliminating spots all at the same time because you may develop a reaction, and it will not be easy for you to pin point the one you are allergic to if you have been using all of them together.
If you notice a lump or growth on your spots, then you should consult a doctor immediately, because it could be a sign of a serious skin condition.