Some Natural DIY Remedies for Irritated Skin
We all want to have a healthy skin that looks flawless. Apart from acne, blemishes and wrinkles there are other skin problems that are even more common, such as irritation, rash and itching. Luckily there are a number of DIY remedies for irritated skin that you can use. In fact, rather than going to your local pharmacist to buy a cream or a product off the shelf, it is better to prepare such concoctions yourself, as it will be much cheaper. Besides you would be aware of the ingredients that you are using, and there is nothing harmful about them for sure since they are essentially natural ingredients. So let us take a look at these DIY remedies for irritated skin, so that next time you suffer from itching, rash or irritation you will know what to do.
Natural DIY remedies for irritated skin:
1. Aloe vera: aloe vera is ideal for all sorts of skin irritation. It is great for sunburns and when one is suffering from swelling too. Its soothing ability to heal the skin from irritation is just great. Aloe vera can be used in various ways to create easy remedies for skin irritation. Many people also rub it directly onto their skin. You can easily break off a leaf from the aloe vera plant and cut it lengthwise. With a knife. Inside the leaf there is some gel-like residue which can then be rubbed directly onto the skin, or used to create different mixtures.
2. Fruit Peels: watermelon rind and banana peel are considered as good ways to soothe skin irritation. The peel can be mixed with water or rubbed directly onto the irritated skin.
3. Oatmeal: avenanthramides are present in oatmeal. These compounds help to fight off skin irritation. Some people simply use it to prepare their bath, especially if the irritation is present all over the skin. Otherwise, a poultice can be made. Simply fill a cup with some water, add organic, uncooked oatmeal, and allow it to sit for a few minutes. Once it has become like a paste you can easily apply it onto the skin.
Natural Leaves that are great DIY remedies for irritated skin:
There are two main kinds of leaves that are great for irritated skin.
1. Fresh basil leaves: these leaves contain camphor and thymol, which are anti-itch compounds. They are great when you are suffering from irritated skin as a result of bug bites. All you need to do is crush up the leaves and then rub them onto the irritated skin area directly.
2. Peppermint leaves: these provide a natural cooling sensation that automatically reduces the irritation and itching. You can crush up the peppermint leaves and rub them onto your skin. Some people also recommend freezing the crushed peppermint leaves so that they become iced cubes. These are ideal to treat more extensive inflammation.
Natural products you can use as DIY remedies for irritated skin:
1. Apple cider vinegar: this is a very effective antiseptic that helps a lot against itching and subsequent irritation. It is usually recommended for sunburns and when one is suffering from very dry skin. All you need to do is put a few drops on a cloth and dab it on your skin. Make sure you choose raw, organic apple cider vinegar for best results.
2. Bentonite clay: You may be amazed to note that bentonite clay is very effective to reduce itching. It is often used in case of bites and stings from insects such as wasps and bees. It is best to use virgin clay. Green clay is the most powerful type. All you need to do is mix the clay in a small bowl with some water until you achieve a creamy mixture. Then simply dab some of this mixture onto your skin. You can also mix the clay with some apple cider vinegar instead of water. In such a case the mixture will fizz up a bit.
3. Coconut oil: By rubbing a little coconut oil onto the affected area you will start to feel some relief from the irritation.
4. Petroleum jelly: It is great as it soothes any skin irritation, and at the same time it can reduce it too.
5. Baking soda: Add 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water. Mix well until you achieve a pasty consistency, and then apply onto the itchy area.