7 Baking Soda Beauty Recipes You Must Know About
Baking soda is renowned for its natural elements, and there are many effective baking soda beauty recipes you can try out. In fact, rather than spending money on readymade products that are often quite expensive, it is better to try out a couple of recipes and remedies based on baking soda. Readymade beauty products are made from various ingredients, and often you barely know what the terms imply. You will be applying them on your skin, and hoping that they will not create any negative reaction or cause any side effects. On the other hand, baking soda is purely natural and risk free. So let us discuss some of these DIY recipes, so that you will be able to try them out yourself.
Baking soda beauty recipes for your skin:
1. Face wash – you can create your own face wash using baking soda. Simply mix some baking soda with a little water in a cup. It will look like a paste and you can apply it easily on your skin. this face wash is easy to prepare and has no side effects. It is great to remove make up as well as any residue from your face. Just be careful not to place any near the eyes.
2. Baking soda bath – instead of bath salts and bubble bath, why not try using some baking soda the next time you run a bath? You will be amazed at how refreshed you will feel. It also has a great effect on your skin, which will feel silky and smooth afterwards. All you need to do is sprinkle half a cup of baking soda in a bath tub filled with warm water. Then just get in and relax while soaking in it.
3. Face mask – baking soda can also be used to prepare a face mask. The recipe is quite straightforward. Just mix 1 part baking soda with 2 parts oatmeal, using a food processor. You can also add some drops of honey. Gradually add some water to the mixture until you achieve a rather thick pasty consistency. Now you can apply it on your face. It is best to leave it for about 10 minutes so as to let it settle. Then rinse off with warm water. The result is a creamy skin that you will absolutely love! This recipe is also ideal to treat acne and blackheads. It will also help a great deal if you have oily skin.
Baking soda beauty recipes for your hair:
1. Hair cleaner – baking soda can be used for your hair. Actually it can clean up your hair much better and more effectively than the series of hair conditioners and shampoos you generally use. Simply make it a habit to wash your hair with half a cup of baking soda along with warm water, once every fortnight. Any grime and other residue will be removed thoroughly with this method and you will be amazed at how good your hair feels afterwards. In case your hair feels a bit drier than usual, you can also add half a cup of vinegar along with the baking soda.
2. Great shampoo for greasy hair – if you have greasy hair and have been trying countless shampoos to try to solve the problem, then here is a practical solution for you. Baking soda can work wonders on greasy hair. Simply sprinkle some baking soda onto your hair roots. Scrunch it in so that it will work into the roots of your hair. Then comb your hair from the roots downwards with a fine bristled brush. Your hair will feel fresh and free from grease if you do this on a regular basis.
Other baking soda beauty recipes you can try out:
1. Teeth whitening – this simple recipe can help to make your teeth shine a pearly white! Just mix 6 teaspoons of baking soda, along with 4 teaspoons of glycerin, a little bit of salt, and a few drops of peppermint or any other breath-freshening oil you may prefer. Once you are done mixing, dip your toothbrush in the mixture and scrub your teeth. You will be amazed with the final result!
2. Pedicure – baking soda can be used for a homemade pedicure. Just add 3 tablespoons of baking soda in a tub of warm water and immerse your feet in it. You can add some essential oil for a nice aroma. Soak your feet for at least 10 minutes. You can also use baking soda to create a paste to rub in on any areas where you have rough skin.