Needless to say, our lungs are a very important organ. It is through them that our breaths are powered. Consequently our lungs are also sucking in harmful elements from the air around us. Thus it is important that we choose foods to cleanse our lungs, so as to reduce common lung diseases that may result as a result of this inhalation.
Respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia and cystic fibrosis are just some of the diseases we need to avoid. Thanks to regular exercises, trying to avoid pollution and not smoking, many people manage to avoid these diseases. In order to succeed even further in this endeavour, it is also important to maintain a healthy diet. There are some foods which are great for good lung health. Let us discuss some of them in more detail.
Best food to cleanse your lungs in a natural way:
1. Garlic – garlic has various anti-inflammatory properties along with a high level of allicin. This helps to fight infections and reduces inflammation. Garlic has also been considered by many as being effective in improving asthma and can help to reduce the risk of lung cancer.
2. Ginger – ginger will help to clear your lungs thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. You can add ginger to various dishes as it is a widely used herb. You can also use it to prepare ginger root tea blended with some lemon. This helps a great deal to remove toxins from the respiratory tract.
3. Turmeric – just like ginger and garlic, this spice is great for your lungs due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Apples – apples contain various vitamins as well as flavonoids that can help maintain a healthy respiratory system. They also help to prevent the development of different lung diseases.
5. Dark Berries –berries such as blackberries, blueberries and raspberries are rich in antioxidants. They help to reduce the risk of lung cancer as well as other infections and diseases.
6. Grapefruit – this fruit is simply great as it contains a lot of lung supporting minerals and vitamins. If your lungs have been effected by carcinogens, grapefruit will help to cleanse your lungs.
7. Pomegranates – this fruit contains a lot of good properties. It can slow down the development of various lung issues.